Finding a place to buy rubber mulch can be difficult. So can knowing how much to buy and if buying it is even worth it. This is why we’ve put together a quick guide on everything you need to know about rubber mulch.
Why Choose Rubber Mulch?
Mulch is a ground cover that is commonly used to protect the top layer of soil somewhere such as a backyard or a playground. There are various kinds of mulch, but one of the newly popular kinds is recycled rubber mulch. Recycled rubber mulch is exactly like regular wood mulch, but better.
- Longevity: Rubber mulch lasts much longer than wood mulch because it can’t rot away or be damaged by various weather habits.
- Safety: Rubber mulch is one of the leading playground safety surfaces for head injury protection.
- Color: With this kind of mulch material, the color won’t fade because of exposure or usage, giving it a 12-year color lock guarantee. We offer five different colors sure to fit any style you’re going for: mocha brown, cedar red, espresso black, blue, and green.
- Health: Becuase this type of mulch doesn’t rot and isn’t affected by weather, the risk of allergy issues is greatly reduced because mold and fungus can’t grow on it.
- Garden: Everyone knows how nasty weeds can attract all sorts of insects but rubber mulch helps prevent the growth of weeds because it’s not really a substance they thrive in. Plus, rubber mulch is still air filled enough that proper sunlight and nutrients still can get through to the soil below.
- Financial: Compared to wood mulch, because rubber mulch doesn’t have to be replaced each year, it’s a 50 to 75% cost savings over the life of the mulch.
- Environmental: Our rubber mulch is made of 100% recycled tires so you help save the planet simply by choosing to use rubber mulch.
Where to Buy Rubber Mulch
Now that you’ve seen the benefits of using rubber mulch, let’s talk about where you can buy it. If you go on our website there’s a search tool you can use to find stores near you with rubber mulch in stock. As you’ll see, some common retailers are Sam’s Club, ALDI, and Walmart.
Size and color will vary by retailer. Ideally, you should go inside to the retailer for smaller bags if you don’t need to buy it in bulk. There are ways you can measure how much rubber mulch you need, you’ll just need a rubber mulch calculator, and the measurements of the area you want to cover.
Why Buy Rubber Mulch in Bulk?
In most cases, if your project is a large one, you should just purchase your rubber mulch in bulk. In general, buying in bulk saves you both money and time. We’ve made it easy for you! Just enter your information to get a price quote on how much it will be to buy in bulk directly from us. Some retailers also offer the option of buying in bulk online on their own websites.
Where to Use Rubber Mulch
Rubber mulch can also be used on playgrounds. It comes in a variety of colors to match whatever style you’re going for. It won’t blow away during storms so it can save schools and communities money.
Durable, cost-effect and eco-friendly, rubber mulch is the best choice for your landscaping needs. It won’t attract insects, such as carpenter ants or termites, and will still allow water and nutrients to pass directly into the soil.
Because rubber mulch doesn’t blow away, it’s great for training courses. It’s maintenance-free and has a 12-year color lock guarantee, so you just put it down and don’t worry about it until 12 years down the road. If your training course is outside, then it’s even better because it prevents the growth of weeds and is basically maintenance-free.
Choose Rubber Mulch for Your Next Project
GroundSmart™ Rubber Mulch is the perfect choice to keep your outdoor areas safe, clean, and stylish for many years to come.